Road Hazard Car Accidents
Many car accidents are due to driver error, negligence, or distracted driving. There are other times, though, that road hazards come into play, causing accidents and injuries to drivers and their passengers due to no fault of their own. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident due to a road hazards, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected, and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses.
A report by the national research group TRIP and the Illinois Chamber of Commerce released a report in 2018 that stated a third of Illinois roadways and a tenth of the state’s bridges are in poor condition. Illinois has the 25th worst roads in the country which costs drivers almost $16.5 billion dollars a year.
There are many types of road hazards drivers can encounter on Illinois roads. These hazards can include:
- Poor maintenance-Potholes, cracks, uneven roadways, bad bridges, and unmarked road hazards can all cause accidents.
- Road debris-Fallen branches, accident debris left behind, and downed power lines can be difficult to see, cause obstructed views, and have the potential to cause accidents or injuries.
- Poorly maintained roadside foliage-Foliage that is not properly groomed can make it difficult to see. Views that are obstructed make it more difficult to proceed carefully and cautiously, especially at intersections.
- Construction machinery-Road crews must maintain their machinery and ensure it does not cause obstructed views for drivers, blocks traffic in any way, or causes unsafe driving conditions.
- Falling objects-Objects falling into the road from other vehicles, from poorly maintained and crumbling bridges, or from construction sites can be devastating to drivers who do not have time to prepare for their sudden appearance.
- Improper signage-Signs that are ill-placed or missing completely, roadway markings that are faded or missing, and traffic signals that aren’t functioning can confuse drivers and disrupt the safe flow of traffic.
If you have been injured in an accident due to road hazards, let Agruss Law Firm help to determine who was at fault, whether it is the government, a private company, and/or another driver, and secure you the compensation that you deserve.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident due to road hazards, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.