Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Overall, fatal traffic accidents have been declining in Illinois and throughout the U.S. However, fatal accidents involving motorcyclists have unfortunately been on the rise. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another’s negligence, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses, and this includes working with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure a favorable settlement.
Fatal accidents involving motorcyclists more than doubled between 1999 and 2008, and the total annual economic costs of motorcycle accidents, including health care and lost productivity, are estimated to exceed $12 billion. Here are some state and national statistics on motorcycle accidents:
- In 2010 alone, motorcycle accidents resulted in over 4,500 fatalities.
- Over 34,000 motorcyclists lost their lives between 2001 and 2008.
- From 2001 to 2008, most injuries and deaths occurred among people in their 20s.
- In 2012, 148 fatal motorcycle accidents occurred, and 115 of those victims were not wearing a helmet at the time.
- In 2012, over 3,300 motorcyclists were injured, and the most of these accidents occurred in urban areas. Over 90% of the victims were male and the average age of victims was 43.
- Motorcycles make up only 3-4% of motor vehicle registrations in Illinois, but over 15% of all motor vehicle fatalities.
- More traffic fatalities occur in Chicago and its surrounding areas than any other region of the state.
- In 2013, there were 233 fatal traffic accidents in Cook County, and 121 of these occurred in Chicago.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.