Medical Treatment After a Motorcycle Accident
If you’ve been injured in an accident due to another driver’s negligence, it’s very important that you seek a full medical evaluation as soon as possible to prove that you took your accident seriously and avoid sending the wrong message to the insurance company. You should also begin your follow-up treatment and care as soon as you’re able to do so.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, here are the first steps to take:
– Seek medical treatment – Call 911 or have someone else do so if you cannot. If you cannot receive treatment at the scene, go to the emergency room or an urgent care facility via ambulance or someone driving you. It’s important that you follow through with your physician’s recommendations, such as for follow-up care or physical therapy.
– Seek follow-up medical treatment – Be sure to attend all your appointments regarding medical treatment or physical therapy, and stay in touch with your health care providers to avoid gaps in your treatment.
– Keep all documents and records – These include all documents pertaining to your accident and resulting medical treatment, and it’s also recommended to keep a detailed daily journal of how your injuries have affected your daily life and routines.
Because some strains, sprains, fractures, and even certain head injuries can take days or even weeks to become apparent, it’s essential that you take your medical treatment seriously after a motorcycle accident, and this will also help ensure that you can be compensated for your injuries and losses.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another driver’s negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. We are a personal injury attorneys based in Chicago who specialize in representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered a motorcycle injury. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
- Blind Spots and Tips for Motorcyclists
- Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Fatality Statistics and Tips