Loading Dock Accidents
Illinois is a well-established transportation hub for the Midwest and the U.S. itself, including for large commercial trucks, and maintains the third-most miles of interstate roads in the country. Commercial trucks typically load and unload at loading docks throughout the state, and employees of these docks can be seriously injured when accidents occur. If you or a loved one has been in an accident involving a large truck, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses, and this includes working on your behalf to ensure a favorable settlement.
An estimated 25% of warehouse injuries occur at loading docks, and common accidents at these docks include:
- Slip-and-falls – Container leaks and oil/water spills can make ground surfaces slippery and significantly increase the risk of a fall;
- Load/pallet tip-overs – Stacked loads and pallets must be properly secured, especially during transport, to avoid being toppled;
- Truck-backing accidents – A warehouse employee caught between a reversing truck and the loading dock can be seriously injured or even killed;
- Forklift accidents – Forklifts must be properly maintained so they do not tip, fall, or back over employees or cargo;
- Exposure – Exposure to hazardous materials or chemicals, as well as CO2 exposure from truck/equipment exhaust, can pose hazards to workers;
- Lifting accidents – Failure to adhere to safety precautions when physically lifting cargo can result in injuries, especially back injuries.
Employers are legally responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for employees, especially in truck-loading docks amid a variety of potential hazards. If your employer’s negligence directly resulted in an accident and injury, we will hold your employer accountable under the Illinois Worker’s Compensation Act and ensure that you are fully compensated for the damages you’ve sustained.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a large truck, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.