Accidents involving large commercial trucks can result in serious injuries, and unfortunately some of these accidents also result in lost lives. If you or a loved one has been in an accident involving a large truck, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses, and this includes working with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure a favorable settlement.
Values of wrongful death cases involving large commercial trucks can vary greatly and depend on a number of factors, including:
- The victim’s suffering – Loved ones can be compensated for the victim’s pain and suffering before death.
- Damages and losses – Deaths can result in significant and unexpected expenses, ranging from medical and funeral costs to lost wages and financial support, and you may be eligible for compensation for these losses.
- How the loss has affected your life – A wrongful death also results in intangible losses, such as lost support and companionship for the surviving children and spouse (if applicable), and you may also be eligible for compensation for these non-economic damages.
Here are some wrongful death cases from Illinois for truck accidents and their settlements:
- 2014 – A woman in Kane County was struck from behind by a large truck, which sent her over the median where she was struck by a second large truck. The woman lost her life, and representatives of her estate sued both truck drivers for their negligence. The cases were settled and the plaintiffs received a total of $1.25 million in compensation.
- 2013 – On a Cook County highway, two tires fell off of a large commercial truck and struck a vehicle driving in the opposite direction, killing the driver inside; his wife and children sued the truck driver for negligence, alleging improper vehicle-maintenance, lack of control of the vehicle, and failure to maintain sufficient records for the vehicle. The surviving family received a settlement of $4.64 million.
- 2011 – In south Chicago, a truck driver’s truck suddenly stalled on the highway, causing the driver behind to rear-end him; the driver died on impact and was survived by a wife and three children. The surviving family sued the truck driver for negligence and received a settlement of about $1 million.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a large truck, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident due to another’s negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.