Failure to Yield
Between 2001 and 2008 alone, motorcycle accidents resulted in over 1.2 million injuries and over 34,000 fatalities, and many of these accidents occur when a vehicle fails to properly yield to a motorcyclist. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to negligence, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses, and this includes working with the insurance company on your half to ensure a favorable settlement.
Here are some findings from a commonly-cited study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in 2005:
- Of over 4,500 motorcycle-related fatalities studied, about 56% resulted from accidents involving two vehicles, and 98% of the fatalities were the motorcyclist or passenger rather than an occupant of a regular vehicle.
- Of the accidents studied, about 35% resulted from the car driver’s failure to yield to the motorcyclist.
- Of the accidents studied, about 90% occurred on non-interstate roadways, and about 50% occurred at intersections at which yielding is a significant problem.
Failure to yield to a motorcycle is rarely deliberate, and common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Cell phones or other forms of distraction may prevent a driver from seeing an oncoming motorcyclist at the proper time;
- Drowsy driving – Driving while drowsy/fatigued can impair judgment and reduce response-times, which can be dangerous and even deadly for motorcyclists;
- Intoxicated driving – As with all road-transportation, intoxication can reduce the driver’s ability to control the vehicle and result in serious and even fatal accidents.
Motorcyclists are far more vulnerable than automobile-passengers when accidents occur, and these accidents often result in serious injuries and even death. We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another’s negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.