Motorcyclists are significantly more vulnerable than drivers and passengers of regular vehicles due to lack of physical protection, and this makes it all the more important for motorcycle manufacturers to ensure that their motorcycles are free of fundamental problems and defects which themselves could cause an accident on the road. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to a motorcycle manufacturer’s negligence, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses, and this includes working with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure a favorable settlement.
The defective design or manufacture of a motorcycle can manifest itself in a variety of ways, as motorcycles are – like cars and trucks – complex machines with hundreds of separate parts. If defective design/manufacture directly results in an accident on the road, you may be eligible to sue the manufacturer for compensation for your injuries and losses. Common examples include:
- Accelerator defects – A defective accelerator can cause the motorcycle to increase speed at the wrong time or in spite of the brakes, which can cause motorcyclists to lose control and even fall to the ground at high speed.
- Brakes – Faulty brakes which do not work at all or apply themselves too strongly can result in serious accidents.
- Bad suspension – While the suspension usually absorbs shocks from bumpy or uneven terrain, a defective suspension can cause motorcyclists to lose control even at high speed.
- Defective kickstand – In rare cases, a defective kickstand can cause a motorcycle to fall on top of a person, resulting in injury.
- Wheel alignment – Poor wheel-alignment can contribute significantly to imbalance and potential loss of control of the motorcycle.
We encourage motorcyclists to keep up-to-date with recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which has the authority to order manufacturers to initiate recalls of defectively-designed motorcycles, complete with information on the defect in question, the affected models, and any resulting injuries.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.