Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
While motorcycle accidents do not necessarily occur more frequently than regular auto accidents, the occurrence and severity of the resulting injuries are both disproportionately higher, and for obvious reasons: motorcyclists do not have the same physical protection as those inside regular vehicles, and statistics show that motorcyclists are a shocking 35 times more likely to lose their lives in an auto accident than those inside cars. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to negligence, we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected and you are fully compensated for your injuries and losses, and this includes working with the insurance company on your half to ensure a favorable settlement.
There is a wide range of causes of motorcycle accidents, and these include:
- Improper left-hand turns – Left-hand turns at busy intersections are among the most dangerous driving maneuvers for motorcyclists, as drivers must be acutely aware of all vehicles around them, especially in the oncoming lane. Improper left-hand turns by vehicles frequently result in accidents and serious injuries for motorcyclists.
- Lane-splitting – Sometimes, especially in heavy traffic, a motorcyclist may attempt to drive in-between two lanes of traffic moving in the same direction, which can be very dangerous when a driver attempts to switch lanes without seeing or expecting an oncoming motorcyclist in the middle of the lane.
- Speeding – As with other traffic accidents, speeding is often a contributing factor in motorcycle accidents, whether they are single-vehicle accidents or involve two or more vehicles.
- Intoxication – This may be a more significant factor than some may realize, and some studies estimate that up to 50% of all motorcycle accidents involving a single motorcyclist are drug- or alcohol-related.
- Poor road conditions – Road hazards and poorly-maintained roads are much more dangerous for motorcycles than cars, and uneven pavement, potholes, and even inaccurate signage can pose significant safety risks.
- Road rage – Often due to biases or prejudices against motorcyclists in general, some riders are unfair targets of road rage from drivers of regular vehicles, and this can be very dangerous and even deadly for the motorcyclist.
Motorcyclists are far more vulnerable than automobile-passengers when accidents occur, and these accidents often result in serious injuries and even death. We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another’s negligence, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.